Donnerstag, 2. Juli 2009

What a Summer?!

Hello everybody,
I thought it was time again to write a little post. Especially because there was and is a lot going on here at the moment.
Last Wednesday the Americans arrived for their visit to Germany and we already did quite a lot with them. Well mostly going out at night but we also visited Cologne and Bonn on Tuesday. That was quite exciting even for me. The only downside of that day was the missing air con in the trains. You must know that the weather is basically going nuts at the moment here. It's nearly as an Australian early summer. We have nearly 30°C every day and that is really unusual for us as you might know. But I guess sweating is always better than freezing right?
And since the summer did officially start yesterday with our last day of school (leaving me one year to go until graduation) the weather is exactly what we need.
But as this summer has just started here there is still a lot more to come. The Americans will stay here until the end of next week and we have a pretty tight schedule. Today they are in Maastricht, a little town in Holland and I guess tonight we'll be drinking (and maybe playing pool) again. Tomorrow we leave for the north sea visiting my grandparents for the weekend and showing Tom, my American host student a little more of Germany (and of course giving him the unique Autobahn-experience). We will even visit a beer brewery on Saturday so I hope this will turn out fun.
Next week we are in Berlin from Wednesday to Saturday so there will be a lot going on then and I guess you will hear from me a lot more frequent then.
After the Americans have left I'll probably work for two weeks or so earning a little money (actually a lot) and then we will go on vacation to La Palma which is one of the canary islands in the Atlantic Ocean.
I think it'll be weird just having four people living in the house since my Brazilian dude Vinicius left just four days before the Americans arrived.
So yeah that's about it for the moment, I guess.
You'll hear from me soon (probably after the weekend).
Yours Dan

Oh wait. One thing which I'm kinda proud of is that some of the Americans recognized that I've been to Australia just from talking to me.

Keine Kommentare: