I am truly sorry that I was too busy (actually I was just too lazy) to write a blog although a lot of stuff was going on the last couple of weeks.
But I'll tell from the start.
Although the title of this blog post isn't entirely correct, I am going to tell about the end of summer as in the end of my summer break. As there was, of course, the two weeks’ vacation to La Palma, which is one of the Canary Islands belonging to Spain.
The trip was really awesome. And although I am not going to explain everything in detail I can tell you that we did a lot of exciting stuff.
First of all the weather on La Palma was awesome ass. We had sun all day (which is indeed a big deal for Germans) and temperatures in the 30s and even up to 40°C. The downside of this was that it didn't cool down at night so we had problems to sleep since it was still over 30°C in the middle of night. But anyway we handled it and the really hot weather did go away eventually so we had lots of time to do stuff like scuba diving, which I found awesome (my mum not so much. she couldn't do it because of some lung thing she apparently has). Apart from that we did a lot of hiking what, as some of you might already have noticed, is sort of our thing.
In the last week I went biking with my dad two times. We went on a guided biking tour which was really good since you see a lot of places you normally wouldn't and on top of that it was a real challenge for both of us because there was a lot of biking up. Like 1000 height meters a tour so that was kind of tough.
Apart from those special things the days were pretty similar.
So what shall I tell you? You look at the photos and the rest is self explanatory. Since the holiday is now about 5 weeks past us, I can't remember every detail anyway. ;D.
With that vacation my summer break wasn't over though. My obligatory and always fun trip to Hamburg was still ahead of me. But this year should be different.
At the bike trips on La Palma I met to people from Hamburg who are quite passionate bikers themselves and they had a spare starting place for Europe's biggest cycling event in Hamburg, which they offered me. Funny as it is, this event called Cyclassics was happening at the exact weekend I was going to Hamburg anyway so it wasn't hard for me to decide whether I wanted to go. So in Hamburg I participated in a bike race with more than 20000 people cycling over the distances of either 55, 100 or 155 kilometers. I took the 100 k distances which was more than enough. The feeling you get at such an event is beyond words though. With all the people cheering and thousands of others taking the same challenge as you do. That is just awesome. No it's more than that. Let's say it's beyond awesome. Anyways I think you get my point. Apart from the race, which took my about 3 hours by the way which leads to an average speed of 33kph, I had a lot of fun in Hamburg with my uncle's family.
So that was the end of summer as in the end of my summer break. But stay tuned, because in just a sec (literally, 'cause that is already happened as well; damn my laziness) I am going to tell about the probably the real end of summer since it is kind of cold outside now which it wasn't for the last weeks.
Cya guys I hope you all have a good life. From what I heard it shouldn't be too bad (I think of that cheap ass year pass to wet'n'wild, Sea World and Movie World some lady I'm not mentioning at this point told me about)
Well check out my photos as usual
Your‘s DAN
![]() |
| La Palma '09 |


Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen